Find out what's happening the weekend of Oct. 4-6 in Saline and nearby; leave a comment if you have an event to share.
- The Saline District Library will host a drop-in family story time from 10:30-11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 5, with the theme "Fall Into Fall." The event is for kids ages 2 years and old and will feature stories, songs, fingerplays and a small craft.
- The Saline Farmers Market will be open 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 5, downtown on South Ann Arbor Street, half a block south of Michigan Avenue.
- The eighth annual KDB Melanoma 5k Run/Walk will be held Sunday, Oct. 6, at Kensington Metro Park. Registration starts at 9 a.m.; the opening ceremony is at 10:45 a.m.; and the run/walk starts at 11 a.m.
- The Saline Area Historical Society’s Harvest Time Festival will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, at the Rentschler Farm Museum. The event will feature education, entertainment, tours, wagon rides, pumpkin painting and more.
- Brooklyn, N.Y.-based singer-songwriter Clarence Bucaro will serenade listeners beginning at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, at Mangiamo Italian Grill in Saline. Cover costs $15.