Find out what's happening the weekend of Sept. 6-8 in Saline and nearby; leave a comment if you have an event to share.
- Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year celebration, lasts through the evening of Friday, Sept. 6.
- St. James United Church of Christ will host a family-friendly pig roast starting at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7.
- The HomeGrown Festival featuring the region’s locally grown food, drink, music and fun will be held starting at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market.
- Sunday, Sept. 8, is Grandparents Day at the Michigan Science Center in Detroit. The celebration will include workshops from 1-3 p.m., crafts, nostalgic games, chemistry fun and homemade ice cream program.
- Speaker Susan Nenadic will discuss the settling of Washtenaw County at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8, at the Saline District Library as the Saline Area Historical Society's free fall education program kicks off.