Find out what's happening the week of Sept. 30-Oct. 6 in Saline and nearby; leave a comment if you have an event to share.
- The second annual Saline Scarecrow Contest kicks off Tuesday. Scarecrows must be delivered to Borer Family Chiropractic between Oct. 1-14. Voting will take place between Oct 15-28 and the winner will be announced Oct. 29.
- Learn the history behind the "Orphan Train to Michigan" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, at the Saline District Library.
- The eighth annual KDB Melanoma 5k Run/Walk will be held Sunday, Oct. 6, at Kensington Metro Park. Registration starts at 9 a.m.; the opening ceremony is at 10:45 a.m.; and the run/walk starts at 11 a.m.
- The Saline Area Historical Society’s Harvest Time Festival will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, at the Rentschler Farm Museum. The event will feature education, entertainment, tours, wagon rides, pumpkin painting and more.
- Brooklyn, N.Y.-based singer-songwriter Clarence Bucaro will serenade listeners beginning at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, at Mangiamo Italian Grill in Saline. Cover costs $15.