The 77th annual Saline Community Fair is going on now at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds. The main attractions are the amusement rides and the animal exhibits, said Kevin Ernst, fair president.
He said some of the main events to look forward to include:
Thursday, Aug. 30
- Motocross at 7 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 31
- Ladies' Day Program at 1 p.m.
- "Saline's Got Talent" talent show at 6 p.m.
- Fiddlers Restrung (a high school group) performance at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sep. 1
- Ten rides for $10 after rides open at 1 p.m.
- Brenda Loomis performs at 7:30 p.m.
Ernst said it takes a lot of people from the community to organize the fair and appreciates the support of everyone who comes out.
The Saline Community Fair will be open until around 10:30 p.m. and will run until Labor Day at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds (5055 Ann Arbor-Saline Road).