Saline senior Steve Bastien broke his own school records in the long jump and pole vault Tuesday when the Hornets hosted Monroe.
Bastien leaped 24 feet and 1/4 inch to break his own record of 23 feet, nine inches. Prior to this season, Eric Williams 22 foot, 8 1/2 inch jump in 2006 was the school record.
Bastien also cleared 15 feet in the pole vault, breaking his record 14 feet, six inches.
Here are some things that aren't as long as Bastien's record setting long jump:
- Fully grown female killer whale
- 1964 Chevy Suburban
- A professional soccer net, from goal post to goal post.
- A Tyrannosaurus bataar skeleton
Here are some things that about 15 feet tall/high:
- This "monster cycle"
- Bigfoot, as legend has it.
- A tall snowman in Seattle
- This giraffe
- The world's largest strawberry in Strawberry Point, Iowa