Area golfers can swing into action with current and past pro sports athletes in support of charities and Saline High School student-athletes.
The 22nd Annual Ping’s Athletic Scholarship Fund Pro Football Celebrity/Charity Golf Outing takes place Friday at Brookside Golf Course in Saline. The event is held by .
The outing helps pay for two scholarships presented to Saline High School student athletes each year. Proceeds will also go to Ann Arbor SafeHouse Center, Team Tucker for Multiple Sclerosis Research, SOS Community Services to End Homelessness , the Ronald McDonald House in Ann Arbor and the Metro Detroit Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Celebrities attending include:
- Patrick Bailey, Tennessee Titans
- Chase Baker, Minnesota Vikings
- Rodney Holman, retired Cincinnati Bengal
- Robert Lyles, retired Houston Oilers, currently a coach at West Point
- Ken Delgado, Eastern Michigan University football coach
- Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders
- Mark Garalczyk, retired, St. Louis, Phoenix, NY Jets
- David Shand, retired NHL player
- David Debol, retired NHL player
Sports fans can also bid on several items, including:
- Detroit Lions football signed by Hall of Famer Charlie Sanders
- Green Bay Packers football signed by John Kuhn,
- Pittsburgh Steelers football signed by Troy Polamalu
- Minnesota Vikings football signed by Adrian Peterson
- Houston Texans Football signed by Johnathan Joseph
Registration is at 9:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 11 a.m.
The cost is $110 a player, which includes golf fees, cart rental, beverages on the course, lunch and an outback dinner.
For more information email email@example.com or call (734) 904-7147