Saline residents will mark the unofficial end of summer with a long weekend ahead of the federal Labor Day holiday on Monday, Sept. 2.
For your convenience, the following is a quick guide to what's closed, traffic, weather and more.
- What's closed: City Offices and the United States Postal Service will be closed for Labor Day; the Saline District Library will be closed Aug. 31-Sept. 2.
- Garbage pickup: Waste pickup will be delayed by one day.
- Weather forecast: The National Weather Service forecasts highs in the mid-80s and lows in the 60s, along with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, throughout the holiday weekend. A high of 76 degrees, under mostly sunny skies, is expected Labor Day. Click here for the complete, updated forecast.
- MDOT curbs construction: Click here to find out which Michigan work zones will remain active during the holiday weekend.
- Saline Community Fair: The 78th annual celebration continues through Monday, Sept. 2. Click here for the full schedule and more information.
- Arts, Beats & Eats: The 16th annual festival will be held Friday, Aug. 30, through Monday, Sept. 2, in Royal Oak. Click here for complete coverage.