The kicks off summer by inviting residents to check out all it has to offer during an open house from noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, June 3.
Admittance is free at the Rec Center during the open house as staff wants to show people everything the center offers.
Carla Scruggs, director of Saline Parks and Recreation, said the Saline Rec Center is more than a typical gym.
“We have something for everyone. We are family friendly. We are ADA accessible, we have great pools, awesome fitness classes, a cheerful and friendly staff, a welcoming environment and very reasonable rates,” Scruggs said.
People who like what the see Sunday can knock 10 percent off those rates, Scruggs said.
Typically individuals pay $318 annually or $70 monthly to be members of the center. Residents enjoy a discount ($249 annually and $50 monthly). There are also discounts for families, youth and seniors. Students can also purchase summer memberships.
The open house showcases pool activities, sports and fitness opportunities, summer day camp programming and more.
Here’s the schedule of open house events:
- Noon-5:45 p.m. — Family open swim
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. — Mini swim lessons
- 1-4:30 p.m. — Diving board open
- 1:30-2 p.m. — Kid “car” wash
- 2-2:30 p.m. — Pirate Treasure Dive
- 3-4 p.m. — Minute-to-win-it
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. — Aqua Volleyball
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. — Deep water aerobics
Fitness & Sports Zone
- Noon-6 p.m. — Open basketball
- Noon-6 p.m. — Open tennis
- Noon—6 p.m. — Open sand volleyball
- 12:15-6p.m. — Zumba
- 12:45-1:45 p.m. — TRX & Spin
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. — Ultimate Frisbee & Disc Golf Demo
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. — Deep Water Aerobics
- TBA — Jujitsu Demonstration
Camp Zone (from noon-6 p.m.)
- Meet the camp staff
- Build sand castles (sand volleyball court)
- Race on the obstacle course (outside)
- Play Four Square (pool patio)
- Bounce on the moomwalk (outside)
- Make a craft
- Play in the gym
- Child ID kits sponsored by the Saline Masons
- Hot dog cookout by the Saline Area Fire Department
- Raffles and free samples