Rep. Gretchen Driskell (D-52nd District) has been named one of six regional "Legislators to Watch" by Detroiter Magazine, operated by the Detroit Regional Chamber organization.
According to the article, it's Driskell's history as a successful CPA and mayor of Saline from 1999 through last year which allows her the honor.
The article states:
"...Driskell prides herself in being a collaborative problem solver with an understanding of factors that build high quality communities in Michigan.."
Driskell also represents Chelsea, Dexter, Milan and Scio Township.
Other legislators on the list include:
- Sen. Mike Kowall (R-White Lake)
- Rep. Tim Greimel (D-Pontiac)
- Sen. Bert Johnson (D-Detroit)
- Rep. Mike McCready (R-Bloomfield Hills)
- Rep. Wayne Schmidt (R-Traverse City)