We shared a lot of good information last week and want to make sure you didn't miss a thing, so here are some highlights.
- Washtenaw County Sheriff Patrols Increase for Super Bowl Weekend: Officers will work extra hours to prevent drunk driving in Dexter, Chelsea, and Saline.
- Join Tri-County Sportsmen's League for Breakfast: The group invites Saline community members to share a morning meal with them Feb. 3 and the first Sunday of each month until spring.
- Ann Arbor Country Club to Host Super Bowl Party: Max & Bella's on the Green will provide food and entertainment beginning at 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Your Washtenaw County Pothole Questions Answered: Find out what causes potholes, what the Road Commission is doing about them and how you can make a report. Have you seen a nasty one around Saline? Leave a comment!
- Daddy Daughter Valentine Ball Tickets on Sale: The 18th annual event will be held at 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, and Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Saline Recreation Center.
[Sign up for the Saline Patch e-mail newsletter to get the latest updates all week.]
- Police: New Medicare Scams Target Seniors: Criminals pose as health care agents and are tricking senior citizens into sharing their personal information.
- MDOT Courtesy Patrols Begin Feb. 1 in Washtenaw County: Patrols will help stranded motorists on US-23, M-14, and I-94 in Washtenaw County.
- Saline Housing Market Heats Up: Sales of residential properties in Washtenaw County also were up 9.2 percent in 2012, according to the Ann Arbor Board of Realtors.
- Caring for a Loved One With Dementia-Related Illness? Free Program Can Help: The Area Agency on Aging 1-B and the Alzheimer’s Association - Greater Michigan Chapter will provide training for families beginning Feb. 6 in Saline. Registration is required.
- Performance Network Showcases David Wells’ Comedy “Brill”: "Brill" runs Thursdays through Sundays until Feb. 10 at the Ann Arbor Theater.
- : Adrian College history professor Stephanie Jass will discuss her eight-day run on the popular game show during a free event at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, at the Tecumseh District Library.
- Washtenaw County Sheriff Offers Skywarn Spotter Classes: Residents can enroll in free Skywarn Spotter training in March and April.
- State Supt. Flanagan: Michigan Teachers Should Make $100K: The head of the Michigan Department of Education asserts that higher wages would encourage more people to become teachers.
- Norovirus Bug On the Rise; New Strain Arrives in United States: Review these five tips to prevent the extremely contagious illness from spreading.
- United States Postal Service's Postage Rates Increase: New stamp will allow you to mail letters anywhere in the world for $1.10.
- : Who's hiring in Saline? Here's a sampling of ads to help you land just the right position!