We shared a lot of good information last week and want to make sure you didn't miss a thing, so here are some highlights.
- : The cities are among 25 throughout southeast Michigan chosen to host outdoor art installations this spring and summer.
- American Red Cross Calls for Emergency Blood Donations: Weather-related blood drive cancellations result in low supplies across southeast Michigan.
- : The Michigan governor is proposing a 2 percent increase in funding for K-12 schools next year.
- Where to Get Your Girl Scout Cookie Fix in Saline: It's that time of year again – get out your wallets and get ready to snack on some of your favorite sweet treats, courtesy of the Girl Scouts of America.
- State Board of Education to Host Forum with Saline Families: President John Austin will discuss current education issues and reforms in Michigan on March 11.
[Sign up for the Saline Patch e-mail newsletter to get the latest updates all week.]
- Contest: Win an Overnight Stay at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester: Upload a picture of the object of your affection and you will have a chance to win a romantic getaway for Valentine's Day or a treatment at a Northville dermatology clinic.
- Share Your MPHSH Hockey Showcase Photos: Saline is among the sixty teams throughout Michigan that will compete in the hockey showcase through Feb. 10 at the Arctic Coliseum Arena in Chelsea.
- Washtenaw County Sheriff Warns of New Credit Card Scam: Criminals pose as flower delivery men to steal credit card information.
- Gov. Snyder Orders Flags Lowered Feb. 7 to Honor Michigan Soldier: Sgt. Mark Schoonhoven of Plainwell died Jan. 20 from injuries sustained in combat in Afghanistan.
- U.S. Postal Service to Drop Saturday Mail in August: WJBK-TV reports the move will save about $2 billion and will not affect package delivery.
- Virtual Sailing Program Helps People With Disabilities: "It provides participants with a sense of purpose and hope," says Dexter Township resident Larry Courson, who is working to gauge interest in bringing the V-Sail Trainer simulator to the community.
- : Who's hiring in Saline? Here's a sampling of ads to help you land just the right position!
- Scio Township Partners with Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office for Outdoor Warning Sirens: The township will install nine outdoor sirens to warn residents of environmental or man made hazards.