Invite a friend
Pirate Night & Cardboard Boat Races
Ahoy Mateys! Join us for a special family-friendly swashbuckling pirate party in the pool. Activities include open swim, games, hidden treasure and light snacks. You may even get to walk the plank! The highlight of the evening will be a cardboard pirate ship race. Build a boat at home (that's big enough to sit in) using nothing but cardboard and duct tape then hop in and paddle across the pool to the finish line before it falls apart!
Professional underwater photos of participants will be available to purchase from Treasured Images Photography.
At least one adult must be in the pool directly supervising all children 7 years old and younger. An adult is also needed in the pool to assist with each boat (regardless of the age of the children) as the boats tend to be very unsteady in the water.
|Where||Saline Recreation Center 1866 Woodland Dr, Saline, MI 48176|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Kids, Teens, Families|
|Phone||734-429-3502 x 2511|
|Price||early bird pricing of $6 until February 16th then prices becomes $8 until February 23rd, day of event registration is $12|
More About Saline Recreation Center
The Saline Recreation Center is a clean and affordable family friendly community center. This rec center welcomes both residents and non-residents to enjoy the facility or its programs, and is minutes from Ann Arbor, Milan, Ypsilanti and Pittsfield Township. The Rec Center features a state-of-the-art cardio fitness room with brand new equipment, a nautilus circuit room, a free weights room, racquetball court, two pools with ADA accessible ramps, hot tub, gymnasium, family locker room, private showers, meeting rooms for rent, birthday party room on the pool deck, Kids Corner childcare (free for members), lighted tennis courts, sand volleyball, disc golf, picnic areas, pavilion, playstructures, walk-jog-bike trail that links Saline to Ann Arbor and more. The Rec Center has personal trainers available for fitness assessments and workout plans to help members reach their fitness goals. A unique variety of fitness classes are offered, along with youth leagues, instructional classes, seasonal special events like Springfest, Health Fairs and the summer Movie in the Park series. Check the website for the schedule of events. Membership packages are available by the month or yearly enrollment. Daily passes are sold for $8 adults and $5 youth/seniors.
Other events here
- Rec Center Hours Weekly on Sundays, 12:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Drop in Wallyball Weekly on Sundays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Boot Camp at the Rec Center Weekly on Sundays, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Lap Swimming at the Rec Center Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 6:00 am–8:00 am
- Rec Center Hours Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 6:00 am–9:00 pm
- Integral Yoga at the Rec Center Weekly on Mondays, 6:15 pm–7:15 pm
- Integral Yoga at the Rec Center Weekly on Mondays, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Strengthen & Tone fitness class at the Rec Center Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00 am–9:00 am
- Stott Pilates at the Rec Center Weekly on Tuesdays, 5:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Day Time Yoga at the Rec Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm