The first Friday of Lent is Feb. 15, and that means clubs and churches across Washtenaw County are firing up the fryers for their weekly fish fries.
Fish fries are held during six weeks of Lent on Fridays, excluding Good Friday; this year, that means events kick-off this week and run through March 22.
Here's a look at local fish fries in Washtenaw County.
- Knights of Columbus, 8265 Dexter-Chelsea Rd., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Adults $10, kids $6. Drive-through takeout $9. Meals include fried shrimp, pan-fried fish, baked fish and a salad bar and are all-you-can eat.
- St. Mary Church, 10601 Dexter-Pinckney Rd., 4 to 7 p.m. Pinckney's Men's Club will have Friday Lenten fish fries. Meals include baked or beer battered fried fish, French fries, scalloped or baked potato, coleslaw, homemade macaroni and cheese, beverages and more. The cost is $9 adults, $8 seniors, $4 children under age 12. Family plans are available for $30. Takeout is available.
- St. Mary's Parish Hall, 14200 E. Old US-12, 5-8 p.m. The cost is $10 for adults (12 and over), $5 (11 and under), $9 seniors (62 and older), and $9 takeout. All-you-can-eat baked and fried Atlantic cod, salad bar, grilled cheese sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, and choice of baked potato or French fries. Desserts are for sale, with proceeds benefiting for scholarships.
- St. Andrew the Apostle, 910 Austin Drive, 4-7 p.m. The cost is $9 for adults, $8 for seniors, $5 for kids. The menu includes beer-battered cod, baked tilapia, French fries, salad and macaroni and cheese.
- Old St. Patrick Church, 5671 Whitmore Lake Rd., 4:30-7 p.m. The cost is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors, $6.50 for children 5-11, children 4 and under eat free. The menu includes fried Alaskan pollack, choice of potato, salad bar, and beverage. Desserts available for a nominal additional charge.
Sharon United Methodist Church, 19980 Pleasant Lake Rd., 4:30 to 8 p.m. For information on pricing, call 734-428-0996.