Gretchen Driskell Candidate for Michigan's 52nd House District
The Saline mayor will face incumbent Republican Mark Ouimet of Scio Township in November.
Name : Gretchen Driskell
Place of residence: 320 N. Ann Arbor St., Saline, MI.
Family: Divorced; three children: Ryan, Matthew, Marielle
Attended college : Yes
College : Lynchburg College
Degree : B.S., Accounting
Year of graduation : 1980
University : George Washington University
Year of graduation : 1987
Job titles held : Mayor, Commercial Realtor
Employers : City of Saline, Surovell Realty
Party affiliation : Democrat
Running for position: State Representative
Chamber/district: House District 52
First elected: N/A
Previous elective offices : Saline Mayor (1999-present), Saline City Council 1993-1999
Name : Keenan Pontoni
Current public or community service:
- Washtenaw Area Transportation Study, chairwoman
- Ann Arbor SPARK, Executive Committee
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG), vice chairwoman
- SEMCOG Transportation Advisory Council, chairwoman
- Michigan Municipal League (MML), Board member and vice president
- MML Elected Officials Academy
- MML Workers Compensation Fund, chairwoman
- National League of Cities, Board Member and Advisory Council Vice Chairwoman
- Saline Rotary Club, Member
What are three key issues that you're seeking to deal with if elected?
- Building high quality-of-place communities that will attract the businesses and families Michigan needs to succeed in today's increasingly competitive economy.
- Reforming our education system to ensure that all Michigan students have access to a top-quality education that will prepare them for success.
- Making Michigan a state with the tools to attract both the smaller, more entrepreneurial businesses that increasingly drive today's economy - and the talented workforce.