Contest: Share Your Love of Local Art, Win Tickets to the Festival of Bands
Tell us about the best arts organizations, galleries, exhibits and performances in your community and you could win tickets to the March 10 concert.
The Motor City Brass Band's Festival of Bands is about bringing together musicians from all over Michigan. In celebration of this harmonious event, Patch readers can win tickets to the March 10 show by sharing their love of local arts.
Whether it's your city's high school theater program, an eclectic downtown gallery, or the guy who plays guitar at your farmers market—we want to hear about the local performers, arts organizations and galleries in your community.
The Festival of Bands will take place at 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 10, at the Michael Guido Theater in the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center in Dearborn. The concert will include performances by MCBB, as well as the Birmingham Concert Band, Farmington Community Band, Oakland University Brass Band, and West Michigan Concert Winds. All bands will join together for a finale performance with more than 200 musicians.
Patch has partnered with the Motor City Brass Band to give away 15 pairs of tickets to the show. All you have to do is tell us what you love most about the arts in your community.
Here's how to enter to win:
- Post a comment on this article telling us what you love most about the arts in your community.
- Once the contest closes, we'll choose 15 winners at random who will each recieve a pair of tickets to the Festival of Bands on Sunday, March 10, in Dearborn.
OK, now for the rules:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment on this article with what you love about the arts in your community.
- All entries must be received by 12 p.m. March 6, Eastern Time.
- You may enter once.
- The 15 winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- After the contest closes, winning entrants will be contacted via the email address they used to sign up on Patch. Contestants MUST RESPOND to the email with with their full name by 5 p.m. Thursday, March 7, in order to win. If a winner does not respond in time, their tickets may be given to another entrant.
- Tickets for winners can only be picked up in the lobby of the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center just before the show on March 10. Tickets will be held under the full name provided to Patch. Transportation to/from concert is NOT included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.